EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS TAX
In today’s increasingly regulated environment, exempt organizations face many of the same roadblocks as for-profit enterprises. With frequent changes in tax law, increased scrutiny by boards of directors and rising concerns about compliance and governance, exempt organizations regularly encounter an array of challenges.
At ICS, our goal is to transform those challenges into opportunities.
Drawing on extensive knowledge and practical experience with exempt organizations of all types, our advisors provide a full range of services. We take the time to understand each client’s unique objectives and then provide the resources to translate those goals into actionable reality.
We assist clients in establishing and maintaining exempt organizations structure and advise on initial formation of the organization to qualify for tax-exempt status under IRS guideline and, where applicable, state requirements. Services include:
- Planning for unrelated business income
- Planning + compliance for related party transactions
- Restructuring with related taxable entities
- Charitable donation reporting + compliance
- Designing charitable giving strategies for organizational donors
- Representation before the IRS + state tax authorities